McDonald's plans to have all of its drive-thru restaurants open in Ireland by Thursday.
McDonald's has released the locations of 20 more drive-thru restaurants in Ireland that will reopen today (3 June).
The fast food chain said last week that it intended to have all of its drive-thru restaurants open by Thursday this week after procedures in May to establish if they could safely reopen.
The following are reopening on Wednesday.
- Douglas Court Shopping Centre, Douglas Village, Cork
- 144 Bank Place, Mallow, Cork
- Mallow Road, Blackpool, Cork
- Unit 1, Riverside Mall, Midleton, Cork
- Old Fort Rd, off Main Street, Ballincollig, Cork
- Kinsale Road, Ballyphehane, Cork
- Headford Road Retail Park, Galway
- Westside Shopping Centre, Galway
- Manor West, Tralee, Kerry
- Park Road, Killarney, Kerry
- Moorefield, Newbridge, Kildare
- Carton Retail Park, Maynooth, Kildare
- Monread Road, Nass, Kildare
- The Kyle Centre, Portlaoise, Laois
- Ashbourne Town Centre, Meath
- Carrig Roundabout, Roscrea, Tipperary
- Junction 8, M8, Cashel, Tipperary
- Old Church Street, Tullamore, Offaly
- Cork Road, Waterford
- Sayer Lane Roundabout, Dungarvan, Waterford
Customers are warned that due to new procedures, service is expected to be slower than usual and will be operating on reduced hours between 11am and 10pm.
McDonald’s has said it will continue to work with local stakeholders and An Garda Síochána as reopening is extended and, as was the case with restaurants in Dublin recently, may determine that it is necessary to close drive-thru lanes if queues cause disruption at busier sites or put employees or customers at risk.
McDonald's said it will monitor the measures in place but said they will remain in place for now to enable employees, customers and delivery partners to remain safe.