The perfect way to tell your soon-to-be husband or wife how you feel.
When you know, you know. That's what they tell you anyways. And, while that may very well be true, more often than not, you may not know how or when to say you love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them.
Expressing how you feel can be so tough, especially when the stakes are so high. You're in love, and this is the story they'll be telling for years! You'll hear this story at family gatherings, told to your future kids and new friends over and over again and again until death do you part. So the moment has to be absolutely perfect.
Figuring out a proposal idea is hard enough without planning out your whole speech. There's so much you might include like the little bits and pieces of your love story, all the things you love about your S.O. and your dreams of a shared future. And how can you do it all with one romantic gesture that will get the ring on their finger?
This list of 50 quotes is a great source of inspiration for those proposal speech ideas. Or, you can use some of these tried and true meaningful quotes in the speech itself, if you want to.
1. When you can't stop thinking of them.
“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
2. When your love only grows.
“My love for you is a journey; starting at forever and ending at never.” — Anonymous
3. Love eternal.
“I love you and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I’ll love you then too.” — Anonymous
4. When you weren't even looking, you fell in love.
“Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.” — Anonymous
5. Until death do us part.
“I want to be with you till my last page.” — A.R. Asher
6. When you fall in love with their eyes.
“I love to hear you talk and get lost in your eyes.” — Anonymous
7. When your only wish is for more time together.
“If I could turn back the clock, I’d find you sooner and love you longer.” — Anonymous
8. Always on each others' minds.
“In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
9. Home sweet home.
“For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It’s a person. And we are finally home.” — Anna and Etienne
10. This is a love you have to really feel.
“Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a meaning.” — Anonymous
11. It's about the little moments.
“I want to be your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.” — Anonymous
12. They became your happy thoughts.
“One day I caught myself smiling for no reason and then I realized I’d been thinking of you.” — Anonymous
13. When your life became a dream come true.
“Once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.” — Anonymous
14. They remind you of who you are.
“I lost my way all the way to you, and in you I found all the way back to me.” — Atticus
15. You know exactly what matters.
“I don’t need the world, I just need you.” — Katy B
16. When you always want to be with them.
“In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.” — Anonymous
17. When you can't stop smiling.
“By the way I’m wearing the smile you gave me.” — Anonymous
18. You knew immediately.
“The first time I saw you my heart whispered, 'That’s the one.'” — Anonymous
19. Their presence is calming.
“Of all the music I’ve ever heard, it’s your voice that calms my soul.” — Anonymous
20. When there aren't words to explain it.
“I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” — Ben Folds
21. You have something special.
“Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite.” — Anonymous
22. When you know exactly what you want.
“All I want to do is spend my life loving you and making you happy.” — Anonymous
23. This feeling is impossible to explain.
“If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.” — Jane Austen
24. They're your world now.
“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Dr. Suess
25. You were meant to be in this moment with them.
“As soon as you walked into my life, I understood why it didn’t work out with anyone else.” — Anonymous
26. When you were meant to be from the start.
“Love is a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
27. You belong here with me.
“You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have.” — Krista Ritchie
28. When you're ready to make a whole together.
“This is my confession. As dark as I am, I will always find enough light to adore you to pieces, with all of my pieces.” — Johnny Nguyen
29. The heart wants what the heart wants.
“There is no instinct like that of the heart.” — Lord Byron
30. When you're cinstantly realizing more reasons to love her.
“Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.” — Anonymous
31. They're something special to you.
“You make me happy in a way no one else can.” — Bernard F. Ascunsion
32. When you know exactly what matters.
“I love her and that’s the beginning and the end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
33. When you know the people in your life matter most.
“I’ve learned that it’s not what I have in my life, but who I have in my life that counts.” — Nishan Panwar
34. When you love every part of them.
“I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all you are yet to be.” — Anonymous
35. This feeling is unbeatable.
“I love the feeling I get when I see your smile.” — Anonymous
36. When they're always in your thoughts.
“I just can’t get you off my mind and why would I even try?” — Chase Coy
37. When it just feels like everything is falling into place.
“And for one second, it was like I could feel the timing clicking together, finally pieces falling into place.” — Sarah Dessen
38. When your passion is explosive.
“I could start fires with what I feel for you.” — David Ramirez
39. What you have is extraordinary.
“Forever is a measure of time used by people who share an ordinary love. Our love is immeasurable, and for us, forever just won’t do.” — Anonymous
40. It's about understanding each other.
“You don’t need someone to complete you, you just need someone to accept you completely.” — Anonymous
41. When they feel like peace and home all at once.
“You’re my favorite place to go when my mind searches for peace.” — Anonymous
42. When your love is immense.
“I love you bigger than the sky, through all the galaxies, and beyond.” — Anonymous
43. When you want to tell them what you want.
“I want a new life and I want it with you.” — Anonymous
44. When you know how to make them happy.
“The real power of a man is in the size of a smile of the woman sitting next to him.” — Anonymous
45. When you're reminded what they mean to you.
“Every time I see you I fall in love all over again.” — Anonymous
46. When you want to tell them exactly why you fell in love.
“I fell in love with the way you touched my heart.” — Anonymous
47. When you know exacly what you want in life.
“I just want to make you as happy as you make me.” — Anonymous
48. This is your chance to make her yours.
“You’re mine and only mine.” — Anonymous
49. When they're not a want, but a need.
“All that you are is all I’ll ever need.” — Anonymous
50. When they are unique.
“I don’t want someone like you, I want you.” — Anonymous
Love is life’s greatest gift, which is why people have a passion for love quotes - and we’ve got you covered. When it comes to saying “I love you”, the truth about marriage, or even finding the perfect love quote for your guy, we have all the cute (or sexy!) quotes you need.
Beth El Fattal is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationships topics.