Cynthia Rowley is a popular Fashion Designer from the USA. Rowley made her first dress at age seven. She won a SAIC fellowship award in her senior year. She has partnered with Target, Roxy, and Half Gallery. Her fashions are presented bi-annually at New York Fashion Week. Signature Cynthia Rowley stores are in New York City, Chicago, Montauk, Palm Beach, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, and Newport Beach as well as at the company's web store.
Her designs were described by The New York Times as "flirty, vibrantly colored dresses and tops in wispy materials "that have "a whiff of the carefree, simple spirit" of Claire McCardell.
Cynthia Rowley is quite active on social media platforms with over 190k followers on Instagram @cynthiarowley and with over 26k followers on Twitter @Cynthia_Rowley.
What is Cynthia Rowley famous for?
- Famous as a popular Fashion Designer from the USA.
Where was Cynthia Rowley born?
Cynthia Rowley was born in Barrington, Illinois, the USA on July 29, 1958. She was born to her father, Ed Rowley who was a teacher, and mother, Clementine Rowley who was a painter. She has two siblings.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Regarding her education, She graduated from Barrington High School. She then enrolled at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1981.
Cynthia Rowley Career Highlights
- Cynthia Rowley launched her career with $3,000 in seed money from one of her grandmothers.
- In 1988, Rowley launched her first capsule collection which has grown to include women's wear, handbags, glasses, color cosmetics, fragrance, wetsuits and swimwear, home furnishings, bedding products, and office accessories.
- She also created a line of home accessories called Swell, based on a book series she co-wrote with friend Ilene Rosenzweig, which made its debut at Target in 2003.
- In 2011 Rowley presented the Mr. Powers collection, a limited menswear range named after her husband Bill Powers.
- In 2019, Cynthia and her daughter, Kit created a podcast together called Ageless.
- She has also made her appearance as a guest on various shows such as The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Gossip Girl, and The Late Show with David Letterman.
Cynthia Rowley Awards
- In 1994, Cynthia Rowley honored with a Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent by 'The Council of Fashion Designers of America'.
- In 2012, Rowley was given the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Legend of Fashion award, alongside her husband Bill Powers.
- In 2015, she won the Designer of the Year award at the 37th Annual American Apparel and Footwear Association American Image Awards.
Who is Cynthia Rowley married to?
Cynthia Rowley is a married woman. She married William "Bill" Powers who is an art dealer, writer, and owner of the Half Gallery. The couple married on September 17, 2005. They have a daughter named Gigi Clementine Powers together.
Previously, Cinthia Rowley was married to a photographer, Tom Sullivan, who died of brain cancer at the age of 32 in 1994. She then married William Keenan Jr., a Brooklyn sculptor in 1996. The couple blessed with a daughter, Kit Keenan on May 20 1999 but their marriage ended in divorce later.
How tall is Cynthia Rowley?
Cynthia Rowley is a gorgeous lady with a fair skin tone. She stands at 1.76m (5 feet and 8 inches) tall and her body weighs around 60kg (132 lbs.). However, her other body measurements are unavailable. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net worth of Cynthia Rowley?
Cynthia Rowley has quite good earnings from her professional career as a Fashion Designer. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $100 million. However, her salary and other assets are unknown.