Diddy Suffers Another Setback As His Sean John Glasses Get Taken Off Shelves At America's Best

Diddy Suffers Another Setback As His Sean John Glasses Get Taken Off Shelves At America's Best

Sales of the rapper's Sean John frames have been halted by a leading American eyewear retailer following the public condemnation of his actions in the assault video.

This comes after Peloton severed ties with Diddy by banning his music and his Bad Boy entertainment series from its program playlist.

Article continues below advertisement

Diddy's Sean John Frames Get Pulled By America's Best Contacts And Eyeglasses

Diddy seen as guest at Jimmy Kimmel ShowMEGA

The "Bad Boy For Life" crooner has suffered a significant business loss after sales of his Sean John frames were halted at a leading eyewear retailer amid his mounting legal troubles and the public outcry against him.

The company, America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses, severed ties with Diddy by swiftly taking his frames off shelves at several stores.

According to TMZ, stores were notified on Tuesday to pause further sales of the Sean John frames and remove them from the rack while awaiting further instructions.

They were also instructed to replace Diddy's glasses with other frames from understock at an appropriate price.

Article continues below advertisement

Although no reason was given for the company's move, a source with inside information confirmed that the retail company "began pulling the frames online last month and did the same earlier this week in brick-and-mortar stores."

Article continues below advertisement

Are Company's Canceling The Music Executive?

Celebrities attend the Paris Fashion Week a w 2012 Givenchy catwalk showMEGA

Diddy's business setbacks seem to be caused by the viral 2016 hotel surveillance footage that saw him stomping, kicking, and dragging his ex, Cassie.

Recently, fitness company Peloton temporarily banned Diddy's music and Bad Boy entertainment series from its program.

The fitness company severed ties with the "Finna Get Loose" rapper in a statement shared on a private member's Facebook page after a concerned user suggested that the company's "next purge needs to be all Diddy classes."

"We take this issue very seriously and can confirm Peloton has paused the use of Sean Combs' music, as well as removed the Bad Boy Entertainment Artist Series, on our platform," Peloton's statement read, per RadarOnline.

Article continues below advertisement

They added, "This means our instructors are no longer using his music in any newly produced classes. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns, and thank you for being a member of our Peloton community."

Article continues below advertisement

NYC Mayor Eric Adams Might Take Back Diddy's Key To The City

Sean 'Diddy' Combs shows love to Hollywood Tourists as he films scenes for hosting and producing the upcoming Billboard AwardsMEGA

New York City Mayor Eric Adams, who gave Diddy the key to the city back in September 2023, has also shared that the committee may consider rescinding the honor, something that has never happened before.

The honor is reserved for "individuals whose service to the public and the common good rises to the highest level of achievement."

However, following the assault clip on Cassie, Mayor Adams, in a recent interview with PIX11, said that the video was "deeply disturbing" and that they may consider withdrawing the honor from Diddy.

Diddy Apologized For The Gruesome Video

Diddy and Cassie are seen at the Neon Carnival in CoachellaMEGA

Diddy has since apologized for his actions in the assault video, but that hasn't helped to stop the backlash.

The "We Ain't Goin' Nowhere" rapper took to his Instagram page to share a video in which he labeled his actions "inexcusable" and said that he takes "full responsibility" for them.

"It's so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that," Diddy says in the video. "I was disgusted then when I did it. I'm disgusted now, I went and I sought out professional help. I got into going to therapy going to rehab. I had to ask God for his mercy and grace. I'm so sorry."

He added that he's "committed to [being] a better man each and every day" and that he's "truly sorry" for his actions.

Article continues below advertisement

Is The Rapper Truly Sorry?

Diddy at the BET Awards 2022MEGA

Although he has apologized for assaulting Cassie, the music mogul is reportedly enraged about the leaked video as it seemingly doesn't account for all that happened.

A source told the New York Post that Diddy is angry that the video surfaced as it only tells one part of what happened between him and the "Long Way 2 Go" singer, who filed a now-settled $30 million sexual assault lawsuit against him in November, last year.

"He's incensed," a close source shared. "Especially about the video. He insists it doesn't tell the full story about what happened. Not that he's excusing it, but he says that it's a selected video."

"It's his position that there was an agenda in releasing the video when it was released," the insider added. "But ultimately, he knows that his big concern is the raids on his house; the Cassie video is just a distraction."