Disney are on the look-out for staff to set sail into a new job on four of their luxury cruise liners… oh and on their private island in the Bahamas.
Sounds awful, I wouldn’t bother… *applies for job*.
The role they’re looking to fill is Youth Activities Counsellor, which means you’ll be tasked with supervising children – aged between three and 17 – participating in Youth Activities programmes onboard the ship and on Castaway Cay island.
You’ll also be working alongside everybody’s favourite Disney characters as you’ll be involved with the meet and greet sessions.
Working for Disney Cruise Line would mean relocating to the US, but that’s not a bad thing.
The job description reads:
Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay!
With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line.
Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
Can you imagine? Working on a private island in the Bahamas?
The Disney vessels are packed with pools and water slides with one in particular – the Disney Magic – even featuring an enchanted beauty salon, which gives head-to-toe pirate and princess makeovers, as well as an adult-only spa!
Disney Cruise has previously been voted the best cruise line for families by Travel and Leisure and reader’s choice for cruises by Conde Nast.
Judging by the Disney Cruiseline Instagram page, it looks like serious luxury.
Here’s the list of requirements if you’re considering it:
- Minimum two years recent experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced recreational/camp environment with children
- Strong oral and written communication and organisational skills
- Must be able to command the attention of large groups of children
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live and work onboard one of our vessels for a certain length of time (based on position)
- Be able to work a seven-day, 70-84 hour week with limited time off
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Agree to share a cabin with other crew members
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
Think you’re up to the job? For more information and to apply, visit the Disney careers site.