Marcus Oliver Johnstone Mumford widely recognized as Marcus Mumford is an American-British singer, songwriter, musician, record producer. Surprisingly, he is the lead singer of the band "Mumford & Sons" & also he played a number of instruments with the group, including guitar, drums, and mandolin. He formed the band "Mumford & Sons" during tours with Laura Marling in 2007. Many songs from "Mumford & Sons" have been featured as soundtracks in the movies such as "Brave", "Still Mine" and "Wuthering Heights" and TV series such as "One Tree Hill", "The Boss" and "Grey’s Anatomy". He is also famous for being the husband of the actress, Carey Mulligan. He made his debut TV show in "T in the Park 2010". He was included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 list of music stars in December 2012 for his achievements with his band "Mumford & Sons".
Marcus Mumford crashes 'SNL' monologue
Marcus Mumford's wife, Carey Mulligan hosted "Saturday Night Live" for the first time this weekend. "People in America are always saying nice things to me like, 'I loved you in "Brokeback Mountain" and 'You're amazing in "Fosse/Verdon,"'" Mulligan said. "I used to say, 'Oh, sorry, that's Michelle Williams,' but now I just say, 'Thank you. I'm Michelle Williams.'" Carey spoke about quarantining in the English countryside with her husband, Mumford & Sons frontman Marcus Mumford, and their two young kids, Evelyn, 5, and Wilfred, 3. She described channeling "all that dramatic energy" into her children's bedtime stories during the lockdown, joking, "Lots of recently divorced dragons and unicorns with secret pill habits. So I'm excited to be here tonight to let some of that energy out." Mumford, who has appeared on "SNL" as a musical guest three times, popped up standing behind the audience at Studio 8H mid-monologue. "What a surprise," Mulligan said. "Hello, lovely to see you. Where are the kids?" "I left them with the Sons," Mumford told her. "Couldn't miss this for the world. You're going to smash it, really. 'SNL,' this is amazing. Just be sure to soak it in because after it's over you're going to think about it all the time. Like, all the time." Mumford then sweetly played Mulligan out as "SNL" went to commercial break.
- Being the lead singer of one of the most famous band in the world, "Mumford & Sons".
- For singing a cover of "Dink's Song" with Oscar Isaac for the 2013 Coen brothers film Inside Llewyn Davis.
Who are the Parents of Marcus Mumford?
The 34-years, Marcus Oliver Johnstone Mumford came into this world on 31st January 1987 in Yorba Linda, California, the USA. Belonged to the mixed ethnic background of English and Scottish, Marcus's race is White. He is religious and his religion is Christian. Nationality by American-British, Marcus's Zodiac sign or horoscope is Aquarius. Marcus is the son of his father, John Mumford (Former National leader of the Vineyard Church in the UK and Ireland), and his mother, Eleanor Mumford. His family moved back to the UK when Marcus was six months old. He also has an older brother, James Mumford.
Marcus Mumford grabbed his educational qualification from King's College School in Wimbledon and by attending the University of Edinburgh. Leaving the University after his first year of study, he started focusing on his music career.
How Marcus Mumford began his career in music?
- Initially, Marcus started his musical career playing drums for Laura Marling on tour with the other current members of the band, "Mumford & Sons". Studying at the university, he collaborated on "Mumford & Sons" debut album, "Sigh No More".
- After singing a cover of "Dink's Song" with Oscar Isaac for the 2013 Coen brothers film "Inside Llewyn Davis", he was featured on the 2014 collaborative album Lost on the "River: The New Basement Tapes" taking co-writing credits on tracks, "Kansas City", "When I Get My Hands on You", "The Whistle Is Blowing", "Stranger", and "Lost on the River #20".
- The band's second album "Babel" was released in September 2012, the third album; "Wilder Mind", was released on 4th May 2015 and their fourth album "Delta" was released on 16th November 2018.
- Regarding Mumford's production work, he produced "Hold Fast" in 2014 which was released in February 2015 co-writing four tracks from the record - "Copper Bells", "La Mer", "Emeralds" and "Matches".
- What's more, he also produced the album "Gamble for a Rose" by King Charles, releasing in January 2016.
Who is Marcus Mumford married to?
Married singer, Marcus's wife name is Carey Mulligan. Their wedding took place in Somerset in April 2012. They were childhood pen pals who reconnected as adults. They married a few weeks after working together on the Coen brother's film "Inside Llewyn Davis". The couple is also blessed with two beautiful kids named Evelyn Grace (daughter), born in September 2015, and Wilfred (son), born in August 2017. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He is living happily with his wife and his kids. He is also a supporter of the club, AFC Wimbledon.
How tall is Marcus Mumford?
Marcus Mumford's body build is average. He stands tall at the perfect height of 6 ft or 183 cm. His balanced weight consists of 80 KG or 176 lbs. His hair color is dark brown and he has a pair of green eye color. He has a long plump face. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him.