Marina Rodriguez is a Brazilian professional mixed martial artist (MMA) player who currently competes in the Strawweight division in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). As of 22 December 2020, she is ranked 6th in the UFC women’s Strawweight division. In her youth, she played soccer, volley, basketball, and handball. In 2013, she joined a muay Thai class and soon started taking amateur bouts. In 2015, she started her professional MMA career.
What is Marina Rodriguez Famous For?
- Being a professional Mixed Martial Artist (MMA).
- On 24 January 2021, she won the Performance of the Night (One time) vs Amanda Ribas.
Where is Marina Rodriguez From?
Marina Rodriguez was born on 29 April 1987. Her birthplace is Bage, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. She was one of the three children of Luis Rodriguez and Diva Rodriguez where she grew up with her two brothers, Gabriel and Roberto, of whom the latter is a two-time Parapan American Games gold medalist in swimming. She holds Brazilian nationality. She belongs to white ethnicity. Her religion is Christianity. Her horoscope sign is Taurus.
Marina Rodriguez Mixed Martial Arts Career
- In 2015, she started her professional MMA career.
- She fought primarily in Brazil and amassed a record of 9-0 before competing in Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series Brazil- Season 1, Episode2.
Source: [email protected]
- On 11 August 2018, she appeared in Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series/Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series Brazil- Season 1, Episode2 web-series program, facing Maria de Oliveira Neta where she won the fight via technical knockout in the first round.
- On 22 November 2018, she made her UFC debut against Randa Markos at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Anders where the back and forth contest was ultimately ruled a majority draw.
- On 30 March 2019, her next fight came against Jessica Aguilar at UFC on ESPN: Barboza vs Gaethje and won the fight via unanimous decision.
- On 10 August 2019, she faced Tecia Torres at UFC on ESPN+14 where she won the fight via unanimous decision.
- On 7 December 2019, she faced Cynthia Calvillo, replacing injured Claudia Gadelha at UFC on ESPN 7 where they fought for three rounds and the bout ended with a majority draw.
- On 15 July 2020, she was expected to face Carla Esparza at UFC Fight Night 172 but the bout was canceled after one of Rodriguez's cornermen was tested positive for COVID-19. On 26 July 2020, they eventually fought at UFC on ESPN 14 where she lost the fight via split decision.
- On January 24, 2021, she faced face, Amanda Ribas, replacing Michelle Waterson at UFC 257 where she won the fight via technical knockout in round two and also earned the Performance of the Night award.
Source: [email protected]
Marina Rodriguez Personal Life
Looking to Marina Rodriguez, she is reported to be single. Her personality and fame is kind of suspicious that she was never in a romantic relationship. She keeps her personal life private. Any updates on her personal life will be updated.
Marina Rodriguez Body Measurements
Marina Rodriguez stands at a height of 1.70m i.e. 5 feet and 7 inches tall. She has a body weight of 52kg. She has an athletic body build. Her eye and hair color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Marina Rodriguez Net Worth and Salary
Marina Rodriguez is a very talented and successful mixed martial artist. Being a mixed martial artist, she earns from her professional career as a fighter. As of 2021, she has estimated career earnings of $126,600.