Meghan Markle pal Jessica Mulroney posts about finding ‘strength’ amid Megxit

Meghan Markle pal Jessica Mulroney posts about finding ‘strength’ amid Megxit

Meghan Markle‘s longtime friend Jessica Mulroney shared an encouraging message Saturday in a since-deleted Instagram post, not long after Queen Elizabeth II ironed out the latest Megxit terms.


After Mulroney was chastised over her looks by a critic — who said she was “pretty” but looked “super old” in a photo, according to Us Weekly — the Canadian stylist shared a screenshot of the exchange with her 366,000 followers before delving into the “dark” side of social media.


“I get messages everyday like this. I’m not asking for pity because they don’t hurt me but they hurt so many,” Mulroney wrote.


She continued, “Social media is not going away. It is a business tool, it can be an incredible place to find strength but it can be dark.”

Mulroney, who shares three kids with husband Ben Mulroney, later added, “Sending love to all those who carry the weight of bullies and let’s find a way to teach our children proper decorum. There is a light at the end of this tunnel.”


Earlier this month, Meghan, 38, and Prince Harry, 35, announced they would be stepping back as “senior” members of the royal family. Not long after the bombshell revelation, Mulroney issued her support for the Duchess of Sussex with an empowering quote on social media.


Mulroney, a “Good Morning America” contributor, has been friendly with Meghan ever since the actress filmed the legal drama “Suits” in Toronto.


It’s unclear when Mulroney’s post was deleted.


On Saturday, both the Queen and Buckingham Palace released statements addressing Meghan and Harry’s future. The couple “will no longer receive public funds for royal duties,” and “will not use their HRH titles.”


While Meghan has been keeping a low-profile in Canada, Harry made waves in the UK on Sunday evening, breaking his silence on the ordeal for the first time.


“The decision that I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one I made lightly. It was so many months of talks after so many years of challenges,” the prince said at an event for his Sentebale charity.


“What I want to make clear is we’re not walking away, and we certainly aren’t walking away from you,” he continued.



Loading...