Sidney Katherine Powell, popularly known as Sidney Powell is an American attorney and former federal prosecutor. She started her law career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Western District of Texas in 1978. She established her own firm in 1993. Powell or her firm has worked with numerous high-profile cases so far. She joined the legal team of President Donald J. Trump in 2020 to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's victory over Trump in the 2020 presidential election. However, Powell was fired from the team.
She has also promoted several conspiracy theories. She claimed that Flynn was framed by a covert "deep state" operation. She has also promoted personalities and slogans associated with the QAnon conspiracy theory. She made baseless allegations in regards to the 2020 presidential election that a secret cabal of international Communists, “globalists," George Soros, Hugo Chávez, the Clinton Foundation, and thousands of Democratic and Republican officials, including Trump ally and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, used voting machines to transfer millions of votes away from Donald Trump to Joe Biden. She was fired from Trump's team.
What is Sidney Powell Famous For?
- Was a member of the legal team of President Donald J. Trump in an attempt to overturn President-Elect Joe Biden's victory over Trump in the 2020 presidential election.
Where is Sidney Sidney Powell From?
Sidney Powell was born on 1 May 1955. Her birth name is Sidney Katherine Powell. Her birth place is in Durham, North Carolina in the United States. Her home town is the city of Raleigh. She holds an American nationality. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Needham Broughton High School. After graduating from high school, she attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree. She then attended the University of North Carolina School of Law. She obtained her Juris Doctor degree in 1978.
Sidney Powell Career
- After obtaining her J.D. degree, she started her legal career as the youngest Assistant United States Attorney in the US.
- She served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Western and Northern Districts of Texas and the Eastern District of Virginia from 1978 through 1988.
- She was one of the prosecutors in the trial of a drug trafficker, Jimmy Chagra in 1979.
- She was then appointed Appellate Section Chief for the Western District of Texas and then the Northern District of Texas.
- She established her own law firm in 1993. Her firm aimed mostly at federal appellate practice, including the United States Supreme Court, and has handled numerous high-profile class-action suits.
- She has served as lead counsel in more than 500 appeals in the Fifth Circuit courts.
- She has written over 18 opinion pieces. She has written for The New York Observer, The Daily Caller, The Hill, and Fox News among others.
- She represented firms and executives involved in the Enron scandal in the 2000s. She represented the accounting firm Arthur Andersen and former Merrill Lynch executive, Jim Brown.
- She not only practice law, but she also writes and teaches in the area of federal appellate law practice. It includes works for the Attorney General's Advocacy Institute of the US Department of Justice.
- She has promoted several conspiracy theories. She claimed that Michael Flynn had been framed by members of the "deep state" who were trying to eject President Donald Trump from office.
- She also promoted personalities and slogans associated with the QAnon conspiracy theory.
- In regards to the 2020 presidential election, Powell made baseless allegations that a secret cabal of international Communists, “globalists," George Soros, Hugo Chávez, the Clinton Foundation, and thousands of Democratic and Republican officials, including Trump ally and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, used voting machines to transfer millions of votes away from Donald Trump to Joe Biden.
- Trump formed a legal team to challenge the legitimacy of the 2020 US presidential election results. Rudy Giuliani was named the leader of Trump's legal team. Joseph diGenova, Victoria Toensing, Jenna Ellis, and Powell were named in Trump's team as well.
- However, Powell was fired from the Trump legal team. It was announced on 22 November 2020 by Giuliani and Ellis that Powell is no longer part of the Trump legal team.
- She established a nonprofit organization, Legal Defense for the American Republic in November 2020. The organization has aimed to collect funds to help prosecute fraud in the US election.
- She has published two books: Licensed to Lie: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justiec (2014) and Conviction Machine: Standing Up to Federal Prosecution Abuse (2020).
Sidney Powell Husband
Sidney Powell is a Reflecting on her personal life, Powell is a divorced woman. She was previously married to a man whose identity has not been revealed. They share a son together. The detailed information about her marriage is not available. She has maintained a private life. Thus, it is not clear whether she is married or in a relationship with anyone at present. More details about her personal life will be updated soon.
Sidney Powell Height
Sidney Powell stands at an average American height. She has an average body weight and her body build is also average. She has maintained her body perfectly fit and healthy. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is light brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Sidney Powell Net Worth
Sidney Powell is one of the well-established attorneys in the United States. Having started her law career as an Assistant District Attorney, she now runs her own firm. She ceased working as a prosecutor to establish her own firm in 1993. Powell or her firm has worked with several high-profile cases to date. Working with high-profile cases, she makes quite money out of her career. However, it is not clear how much she earns from her profession. Thus, it is not possible for now to estimate her salary or income. Her net worth is estimated between $1 and $5 million at present.