A fire broke out near the Hellfire club in Dublin on Saturday morning.
While everyone is out enjoying the sunny weather, there are some things we must remind ourselves of, to ensure we stay safe.
Us fairer skin folk need to make sure that we stay stocked up on sun cream, everyone should make sure they stay hydrated, and now the Dublin Fire Brigade have issued a warning of their own regarding the hot weather.
They shared a video of a wildfire that they dealt with in the Dublin mountains on Saturday morning, and warned people, especially those who are out in the countryside in this weather, that they should be careful.
A gorse fire broke out near the Hellfire Club, when the fire brigade were alerted to it.
Firefighters from Rathfarnham fire station are dealing with a gorse wildfire near the Hellfire Club. Great weather means fine vegetation is at risk, be aware if you're out in the countryside this #BankHolidayWeekend pic.twitter.com/JUr5Xl5nTH
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) April 20, 2019
The weather has resulted in people being urged to make sure all barbecues, cigarettes and such are extinguished correctly and completely. The spark from any of these is all that is needed to start a gorse fire.