Joseph Glenn Herbert is an American stand-up comic who is excellently known as Jo Koy. He made his presence more nationally known by appearing on "Chelsea Lately" as a panelist on occasion. He began performing on stage in 1994 and later earned a regular slot at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino as part of the show Catch a Rising Star. Jo claims some of his influences to be Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy, and Robin Williams. He credits his mother for his comedic and acting talents whereas he frequently tells stories about her in his comedy shows. She encouraged him to participate in school talent shows and to hold impromptu performances for his family and friends. This led to performances at a Las Vegas coffee house and inspired a move to Los Angeles. Moreover, Netflix released "Jo Koy: In His Elements" on 12th June 2020.
- Being an American stand-up comic.
- For being a frequent panelist on E!'s late-night show "Chelsea Lately".
Where was Jo Koy Born?
Jo Koy opened his eyes for the very first time on 2nd June 1971 in Tacoma, Washington, U.S. He was born with the real name of Joseph Glenn Herbert in a Christian religious family. He holds American nationality and belongs to the American-Filipino ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Jo has celebrated his 50th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Gemini. His American father was in the United States Air Force stationed in the Philippines when he married Koy's Filipino mother. He has an older brother named Robert Herbert who is afflicted with schizophrenia. He also has two more siblings named Rowena Cook and Gemma Herbert.
Talking about Jo's education, he enrolled in the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, but dropped out to pursue stand-up comedy.
What does Jo Koy do for a living?
- Jo Koy jumps off his career in 1994 at a comedy club in Las Vegas and he moved from open mic night to a regular spot on the show Catch a Rising Star at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino.
- He landed his first television appearance on BET's "ComicView" where he has appeared in two seasons.
- He has also gone on to star in other TV stand-up specials like "Jamie Foxx Presents: Laffapalooza!" as well as he has won the "Showtime at the Apollo".
- "Laughs", the series for which he was awarded Canada's prestigious Gemini Award. He is also a regular guest at Chelsea Handler's roundtable discussion on E!'s "Chelsea Lately".
- Koy performed on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" in 2005 and became one of a select few comics to receive a standing ovation on the show.
- As well, on 23rd July 2012, he began a podcast together with comedian and TV host Michael Yo called, "The Michael Yo and Jo Koy Show".
- Likewise, his other appearances include "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", "World's Funniest Fails", "The Joy Behar Show", "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", "Last Call with Carson Daly" and "Jamie Foxx: Laffapalooza".
- Presently, the comedian tours across the US and can be heard as a weekly guest on the podcast, "The Adam Carolla Show". He joined the PodcastOne family and hosts the weekly podcast, "The Koy Pond".
- He has done two highly-rated and successful comedy specials on Comedy Central: "Don't Make Him Angry and Lights Out" as his third comedy special, Jo Koy: Live from "Seattle" is a Netflix Original was released on 28th March 2017 worldwide.
- On 12th June, Jo released another Netflix special titled "Jo Koy: Comin' In Hot" as well as Netflix released "Jo Koy: In His Elements", a comedy special featuring Filipino American comedians, DJs, and B-boys on 12th June 2020.
- Moreover, Jo was seen as Bob in the film. "Mr. Iglesias" in 2020 whereas he can also be soonly seen in "Easter Sunday".
Who is Jo Koy Girlfriend?
Jo Koy is a married guy. He is in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Chelsea Handler who is an American comedian, actress, writer, television host, producer, and activist. Koy reposted Handler's post to his Instagram story as she made her relationship Instagram official on Monday with two selfies of the couple, including one of them kissing. "He's on tour, I'm on tour, sometimes we tour together," she captioned the post, promoting their respective comedy tours. "#VaccinatedAndHorny #FunnyIsFunny," she added. "All coming to a city near you!". She also supported her new man with a video of him getting dressed on his tour bus before the show. "Pre-show, baby! Look at my baby. Baby, show them what you're wearing," she joked as she panned down to his white t-shirt, boxer briefs, and tube socks before he unsuccessfully tried to close the door on her. Talking about Jo's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Well, Jo was once married however as of now he doesn't have a wife. Jo Koy's ex-wife, Angie King, is a Filipino-American artist and singer who goes by her stage name Nura Luca. The former flames were in a marital relationship for a few years. From their relationship, they are a proud parent of one kid. His name is Joseph and he was conceived on 21st April 2003. Sadly, they parted ways in 2013, but have remained great friends. On Jo's 50th birthday in June 2021, Angie penned a sweet post to her ex-husband calling him her "best friend". Angie is currently in a relationship with skateboarder and painter Gino Perez.
How much is Jo Koy Net Worth?
Jo Koy is a comedian by profession who has a net worth of $5 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. He is as yet a star on the ascent as he got through to end up fruitful at a later stage in his life. Jo has not done endorsement for any brands yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his comedian career.
What is the Height of Jo Koy?
Jo Koy stands at a tall height of 6 feet 4 inches with balanced body weight. He has black hair and dark brown eyes color. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. Jo's body build type is average.